That is why host schools will need to send out contracts for all their tournaments. Communication has been poor despite having text, email, etc…
The tournament was seeded fairly IMO. There is a lot of parity this year. Anybody in that Top 7 could win in any given match-up. Miramonte had a one goal game vs Redwood–who is a solid team–but it did play a role in the seeding. After watching all the top teams, Miramonte looked like a much more cohesive unit than it did in the Newport Invite and getting Brady Hassett back helps to. The quarter final match-ups were great.
I could be misremembering but did Campolindo not reach the finals in 2017?
Newport gets it done again! Twelve seniors graduated, and they’re right back at it with a young junior class, winning the South Coast Tournament. The program just keeps grinding without missing a beat.
They may not dominate the way they did the last two years, but this is a pretty strong early statement from a team some had ranked as low as #7 nationally. will be interesting to see how the season progresses! I’m sure Jserra and CC will be able to adjust and try to dethrone Newport in the upcoming tournaments.
Miramonte played NHS in a surprisingly close game last year as well. I think it was in the North South Challenge.
It can be defended, for sure. Top 7 is all close.
Newport played Marina to a 3 goal game, but I guess that wasn’t factored
. Or SM’s 12-11 win over Helix. I think it’s a little silly to cherry pick early results.
Fun water polo all around.
Newport played their JV vs Marina.
Yup. Was just saying it’s a little silly to nitpick early results.
How else would you suggest to rank the tournament teams?
P.S. Miramonte played very well and proved that their #7 seed was way too low. Still, it was not their JV who beat Redwood in overtime, right?
Here is the link to Elite 8 tournament at Harvard-Westlake next week:
Has anyone seen next week’s Buenaventura tournament schedule?
Weird that its right down the road and Oaks Christian has been skipping this tournament for a couple years. Or not being invited…
It might be one of those waiting list things, like teams are committed in perpetuity until they decide they don’t want to play there anymore, and then a spot would open.
The AFC Tournament in Coronado used to be that way many years ago.
Here is a link to the Google document for this weekend’s Bishop’s Invitational:
Hi YPGreen: Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The answer is no, Campolindo did not reach the finals of the South Coast Tournament in 2017. The final match that year was Mater Dei 12, Orange Lutheran 6. You are probably thinking of that year’s Santa Barbara Invitational. In that tournament, Campolindo did indeed reach the finals, losing to Orange Lutheran, 12-8.
Here is a link to the Google document for next weekend’s Memorial Cup Tournament. One
point to the first person who can tell us which school participating in the tournament has had the most Olympic goalies. A bonus point to the first person who can name the goalies.
I’ll go with Punahou. I’m not sure how many they’ve had but at least two. Brandon Brooks and another whose name is barely escaping me. He would have been on the 92 or 96 team I believe. It’s annoying me I can’t think of his name haha
Chris Duplanty. '88, '92, '96.
That’s who I was thinking of - thank you!
One point to H20polo10 for correctly telling us that Punahou has had two Olympic goalies. One point to nic for correctly telling us that the two goalies are Chris Duplanty (1988, 1992, and 1996) and Brandon Brooks (2004 and 2008).