2026 HS Boys Tournaments

As a general matter, does anyone bother submitting corrections to scores if the correction is meaningless (as in, Team A beat Team B by 5 instead of 6)?

Dos Pueblos over Laguna Beach 17-16 for the championship in SB. CDM took third over Beckman

My understanding was the DP/LB game went into double overtime. Sounds like a great game.

Was it won in OT or Sudden Victory (SV)? (For the record I’m still a ā€œSudden Deathā€ guy :laughing:)

NFHS and NCAA play two separate OT periods as their ā€œOvertimeā€ period and then SV periods until there’s a winner. I’m assuming the game didn’t go to SV? Sounds like one hell of a game either way!

@jeff you nailed the Scott Roche!!

1 Like

Thanks but I whiffed on the Santa Barbara Invitational.

I didn’t see it, but tournaments usually go straight to golden goal. There’s a schedule to keep. This could have been two periods of golden goal.

It was regulation periods for OT just for the first and third place games

A very fair point and a nuance I stupidly didn’t even consider (Smack to own head). Thanks for pointing that out.

Does anyone know the score of yesterday’s game between Mater Dei and Yucaipa at the Santa Barbara Invitational?

That Dos Pueblos team seems stacked for the foreseeable future…

Lots of talent in that pipeline right now.

Here’s the Warriors Tournament for next weekend

1 Like

South coast schedule

1 Like

This can’t be an accurate seeding.

link to South Coast tournament is not working…what was off @SDKraken?

Miramonte was seeded 7th, putting them in a quarterfinal match up vs JSerra. I can’t imagine having them ranked any lower than 4th. I personally have them ranked 3rd.

I think the initial schedule was distributed prematurely because it showed De La Salle seeded 16th and De La Salle isn’t participating in the tournament. I hope I’m wrong but it won’t surprise me if the final schedule has Miramonte seeded 7th. As SDKraken notes, that would result in a potential quarterfinal matchup between JSerra and Miramonte. In my opinion, two of the top four schools in the tournament.

2 Likes

schedule link is working…looks like Miramonte is still seeded 7th

Slide Miramonte into the #4 slot, and you have a quarterfinal vs Newport :grimacing:

1 Like

Miramonte is happy to play anyone anywhere. If they’re going to run into JSerra eventually, let’s get it on.

7 Likes